This page contains a list of reference documents. Some I have put together, and some publicly available produced by others or by manufacturers. I found these documents very helpful to me and a good reference material when needed.
- Wiring Diagram between YAESU FT1D and Kantronics KPC 3+
- KPC3 TNC to TRx MIC-SPK Wiring Diagram
- This wiring should help connect your VX-8DR or FT1D to KPC 3+ TNC for operations such as APRS Digi and iGATE, WinLink RMS Express (both user and SysOp mode).
- Note also you will need a solid external antenna connected to the HT if you really want to get that coverage range.
- In my WinLink RMS Express user mode, operation, I hooked up my YAESU FT1D to my J-Pole Antenna (no gain roof top installed) and was able to operate RMS Express via a nearby repeater w/ a much larger antenna coverage.
- In my WinLink RMS SysOp mode operation, I connected my FT1D to my 11db gain Comet GP-9 antenna and was able to operate in the SysOp mode very successfully.
- Note also that you will need to ensure your connection between KPC 3+ TNC to your PC via the serial port on the TNC. Please refer to the pages 30 to 43 in the Kantronics KPC 3+ Manual : KPC-3PlusmxRevG
- Refer to my TNC-To-Go Project for added details
- Tip to install velcro’d batteries and other objects into tightly constrained container areas
- Application : Solar Powered battery power to-go stations;
- Here’s an idea to install velcro’d batteries into tight areas in containers (such as into ammo cans while building solar powered to-go boxes) w/o having to wrestle in.
- Take a few printer papers; place the papers on the Velcro sides of the battery; place the battery snugly into place along w/ the paper overlaid on its velcro’d sides; once you have placed the battery into place, slide out the papers one at a time ensuring that the Velcro makes strong contact w/ the container’s Velcro. repeat the paper removal till all sides of the battery’s Velcro are secured. Same thing w/ your multiple batteries; This idea is especially useful when placing objects into tightly constrained areas/enclosures w/ objects w/ multiple velcro’d surface areas 🙂
- The printer papers provide the needed insulation btwn the two Velcro surface areas, while giving you the needed room to fit your batteries into place w/o having to wrestle them in.