This page contains some high level listing of a few miscellaneous projects – nothing unique, fancy or complicated. Think of these projects are rumblings of side projects if you will. A few pictures and YouTube videos.
- LMR400 vs RG400/U cables for my rigs:
- Update on my rig cabling, APRS and Fusion/WiRES-X projects:
Among other projects (upgrading the firmware on my APRS radio and the Digi/iGate), I was working on replacing a couple of my LMR400s w/ the newly arrived RG400/U cables I got from a good seller on ebay. I’m quite impressed w/ the outcome. I am now on a spree to replace all of my LMRs (tests look good thus far). Following is a short video of my review of the LMR400 vs RG400/U cable SWR performance
- Post replacing the LMR400 w/ RG400/U on my APRS radio rig, I am already seeing some packet resolution improvement. It bumped from 64% to 76% (+/-4%).
- I will be working on setting up my Fusion repeater w/ these cables and moving my WiRES-X simplex sysOp over to Hybrid mode and into a repeater mode.
- The ebay seller details are in the video if you are interested. I basically emailed them, gave my cable requirements and they custom made and shipped them out. I got all 13 cables for $150. Think is a good deal for these RG400/Us. The cable stock was made in Switzerland; the ends are silver coated, Teflon ends.
- TNC + HAM to go:
- Portable Buddistick-Tripod Radio