WEB FARM CLUSTER
This post attempts to share updates on my WEB FARM Cluster (both #1 and #2). I had built my first web farm cluster a couple of years back and runs ham services such as my call3.n0agi.com, dash.mndmr.net, cubes.n0agi.com and few backend services.
Following my first high level walk-thru video of my cluster #1, I have received several requests to do a deeper dive “how to” video. So, after a long ado, I finally got around to making a 3 part series. What better way to show the “how to” than by building a brand new RASPI WEB FARM Cluster.
So, this page is about that cluster #2 build out “how to” project.
- Here you will also find template files that are referenced in my YouTube video Part #1 here. Please feel free to use these files for your own web farm build out project build out efforts.
- You will find broker node and work node files that you can customize or use as is for your projects
- Link to the OneDrive Share
- Parts List:
- Software Links:
- Raspberry Pi – RASPBIEN download page
- HDD Raw Copy tool at HDDGURU.COM
- One of the best terminal tools – MOBAXTERM (people use PuTTy a lot too – it’s simple and not too many bells and whistles. But, I really like MOBAXTERM)
- Text Editors – ATOM and/or SUBLIMEText
- NGINX – web server
- to install NGINX on your RASPI, simply ‘sudo apt-get install nginx‘
- some good ebooks and resources on NGINX
- Python – at Python Home
- to install Python on your RASPI, simply ‘sudo apt-get install python‘
- documents on Python guide (various levels of dev skills @ one spot)
- PHP – components
A few Pictures:
- Part 1:
- Part 2 + 3:
Thanks for watching